Thursday, March 11, 2010

Hipsters and Vegan Lake


Last Night Drunklando and I embarked Into the Hipster Headquarters known as Cha Cha in Silver Lake. The night began with a stop at City Sip. I did not know this place was a wine and cheese bar. We meet up with some old friends and talk about feeling out of place. I am a dive bar guy. Jack and Coke, Coors Light, Bud Light, or PBR. This is my extent of booze I like to consume. Very hipster joint with fixies and bad hair cuts. I hate this place. I asked for a nice red wine from Italy and I get a rose from Napa, Ca. I'm not a wine buff but I have drank very nice bottles of wine before and know a little. I do own a few bottles of wine I have received as gifts over the years ranging from the 1970 to 2003. It is a small collection but it is mine and I did my researcher today my cheapest bottle is valued at 721.30. So I was a little disappointing because there wine selection is basically the Bevmo bottle of the month. OK art small place. Tip on the Sip, save your money and buy the bottle from Bevmo and get the second for 5 cents. Cheaper than one glass and the hipster art. I shit better paintings.

So as on conversation goes on we tell stories on how me and Dunklando became friends and just good conversation. We leave in a jeep that almost killed us and the driver said it a "common problem". We are car guys go the the recall done. It is not a common problem. Don't bullshit car guys. So we end up at Cha Cha in one piece alive and with a wine buzz ruined.

It felt good walking in to Cha Cha like a cross between Cabo San Lucus and Johnny's Saloon in Huntington Beach. The my night takes a turn for the worse. Hipster Headquarters, Vegans, Old burn out musician DJ, and a contest for who had the most lines shaved in their heads. I punk the old burnout DJ on Dog Tow. My Mom and Dad were there I know my shit. My Dad was on the cover of 4 skateboarding magazines back in the 70's. The conversation turned for the worst with the vegan as her boyfriends start sexting her. Typical LA trash. Aspiring director going no where. If your a director and have no equipment on unemployment you basically garbage. I own a god damn camera. Give me a break you going to sleep you way thru some 5 minute garbage short because you have a face like murder and out of touch with reality. The bullshit is so thick in LA LA land that I was in shit creek with out a paddle a raft or a snorkel. I felt like Clyde Owens in Sin City drowning in the tar pits. But no hot Asian named Miko was going to save my night. I got a little revenge at the taco truck and proceeded to drive home blasting The Bled, Slipknot, and Alexisonfire.

The whole night I felt awkward. I might as well of been from a foreign country. I felt like a Jew in the middle of a Hitler rally in Nazi Germany. I get out spoken when I am uncomfortable and babble about politics to see people reaction and entertain my self. I survived another hollywood adventure. One day people will wake up and realize being a broke music Nazi going no where in a band that suck isn't the life. Get a job loser and stop bleed our state for unemployment. I'm tired of getting an IOU for my state tax refund. Bye the way the only bright spot 2.50 PBR on draft.

No comments:

Post a Comment