Saturday, March 13, 2010

L4P CARS AND COFFEE IRVINE, CA


This morning I got up at the God Forbidden Hour of 7am. I have only seen 7am when I am still up partying from the night before. I am not a morning person and have had several alarm clock commit suicide by the evil glare I give when they go off before 9am. I'm to alarm clocks what George Clooney is to Goats. So as I'm half a sleep I roll it to Cars and Coffee in Irvine, Ca around 7:30. L4P had an impressive showing an I could spot the Al and Ed's Autosound Cars. The crowd was good. The cars were clean. The coffee was strong. I like my chances.

I meet up with my friends the Steve's. We walk around had a burrito and some java and by my 5th cigarette I woke up. My boss was a no show but we touched base and I got my marching orders to go to work and had to suspend my plans of a day of cars, Frozen Adult Beverages , and debauchery. I'm an interactive guy. I'm always a little stand offish at first because like a James Bond (Connery), I reading the crowd, surveying the situation, and calculating my environment. Everyone except Andrew and his smoking hot girlfriend was to wrapped up in there click to even notice the guy who puts in all the leg work to make their exotic cars one of a kind. I'm active on the forum but people from on line always disappoint in real life. Since my boss is the man who pays the advertising bill for the site I know he gets all the love. He was not there so on this day I was invisible. Or like a house hand during the slavery days; I just do the work and the "Masta" gets the credit. I am ok with this except when I make eye contact and try to introduce my self and people just walk away. I guess until the 97 Saturn is upgraded to a Ferrari Skud I will remain anonymous in their circle.

I drive a Saturn because I have fallen on some hard times and made some bad decisions. I love cars and have maybe turned down several opportunities to potentially make "good money", but I love to build cars. It my passion. I rather be doing this, living off top ramen and 99 cent slices of pizza from 7-11 than waking up everyday and hating the world more than I already do. I am the best at what I do. Period. The best. I am a real person who live life. I strive to be well off one day but until that day comes I do what I love for a living. My two guest of the day are both exotic car owners looking to get involved with the community and were turn off by the whole thing. I will remain to be very active on L4p when times permits and savor the online relationship I have formed. When I consider some one a friend who I respect, I will do anything for them. Ask anyone who know me you need something and I have a connection or if I can do it; I HOOK IT THE FUCK UP.

So that's how my day started. Tonight I may swing by Japan LA or head to the desert for some much need R&R. But for now I grind my day away and try to make some money.

No comments:

Post a Comment